AVIATION AND AEROSPACE
With more than 75 years of aviation tradition and featuring internationally recognized companies such as AerSale, Lockheed Martin, Lufthansa Airlines, and more, Goodyear offers a combination of assets that make it a place of opportunity for business in our GYR Aviation & Aerospace Corridor including:
- 300+ acres of leasable land on the airport.
- +/- 2,500 acres of available property within close proximity of the airport.
- Goodyear’s aviation corridor is located south of Interstate 10 (I-10) extending to Highway MC-85 and the Union Pacific Rail Road.
- Military Reuse Zone that provides tax benefits for aviation and aerospace companies.
- Foreign Trade Zones providing continuous property tax benefits for qualifying companies.
- High capacity telecommunications infrastructure up to 40GB and in close proximity to the National Fiber Network, including multiple providers such as Century Link, Level 3, AT&T, Verizon, and Sprint.
- 3-Phase Power provided by Arizona Public Service with possible redundancy.
- High Pressure natural gas provided by Southwest Gas and Kinder Morgan
AVIATION & AEROSPACE SITES
- Phoenix-Goodyear (GYR) Airport features:
- Runway: 8,500’ x 150’
- Major uses: Corporate aviation, the most diverse pilot training in all of Arizona and Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul (MRO).
- 24-hour access
- GPS approach
- Lighted heliport
- Fixed Based Operator - Lux Air Jet Centers
- New 66,000 sq. ft. facility
- 18,000 square feet of office space
- 3 hangars at 12,500 square feet each
- 10,000 square foot FBO facility
- The historic Lockheed Martin Campus:
- Is nearly 500,000 square feet across 18 different buildings.
- Unique office and data center space is available.
- Much of the campus consists of highly secured spaces known as S.C.I.F. (Sensitive Compartmented Information Facility) space that provides opportunities for companies involved in data centers, cyber-security, and related technology companies.
- With a year-round sunny and clear sky, Goodyear is an ideal place for flight operations, drone technology testing and manufacturing, and data storage.
- Luke Air Force Base is located just north of the city providing businesses additional aerospace-defense opportunities in Goodyear.
Aviation & Aerospace Key Employers
AerSale – Aircraft Maintenance and Conversion
A2M Aviation Solutions – Aerospace/Aviation Operational Support
Dean Baldwin Painting – Aircraft Painting
Galaxy International – Aviation Repair and Maintenance
Lockheed Martin – Aerospace (see video below)
Lufthansa ATCA – Pilot Training
LuxAir Jet Centers – Fixed Base Operator
Michael Lewis Company – In-flight Product Distribution
Phoenix Aviation Department – Airport Management/Operations
PolyOne – Specialized Polymer Materials
Prime Solutions Group – Aerospace Engineering
Sonoran Technology – Aerospace/Defense Consulting and Services
Unmanned Vehicle University – Unmanned Aerial Vehicles and Drone Training